My Math Assistant is very flexible! Here are some ways you can use the Settings page to customize your student's experience:
- You can allow them to only do the even questions, odd questions, or even/odd alternating by using the Question Options dropdown. This will only apply to the main practice set (mixed practice). Keep in mind some of the Saxon books have the odd answers in the back of the book.
- You can further customize what your student sees by checking the boxes to skip certain sections of the lessons (i.e. warmup) or skipping the investigations or tests.
- You can skip the math facts practice, set the max # of questions your student will see on an individual assignment, and optionally track their time. See how to fully customize their math facts practice.
- If you would like to give your student a completely custom set of questions for each lesson, check the box under "Custom Questions". This will allow your student to complete a lesson when they are done with the questions you have assigned to them. You will then get the email/website reports to confirm that they finished the right problems.
- If you would like the system to automatically mark questions correct if the system is not able to grade them (more common in higher-level books), you can check this box. This option is more often used by teachers with large classes.
- You can also turn all multiple-choice questions into "teacher check" questions if you have concerns about your student guessing. This, again, is more commonly used in the higher-level high school Saxon books.
- You can set the maximum number of attempts that your student will have on lessons and tests as well as how much credit they will get for correcting a problem after initially getting it wrong. You can also set a different number of attempts for multiple choice questions, which is generally recommended to avoid guessing.
- You can also add a secondary email address where the email reports are sent to after your student finishes each assignment.
- You can change what lessons show up in your students assignment list. The student can do this themselves, so this specific settings page is not necessary if you do NOT have the "Lock down student assignment navigation" box checked. If this box is checked, you will need to add the assignments.