My Math Assistant is very flexible! Here are some ways you can use the Settings page to customize your student's experience:
- You can allow them to only do the even questions, odd questions, or even/odd alternating by using the Question Options dropdown. This will only apply to the main practice set (mixed practice). Keep in mind some of the Saxon books have the odd answers in the back of the book.
- You can also remove assignments if they are no longer needed on the student's dashboard (the student also has this ability).
- You can further customize what your student sees by checking the boxes to skip certain sections of the lessons (i.e. warmup) or skipping the investigations or tests.
- If you would like to give your student a completely custom set of questions for each lesson, check the box under "Custom Questions". This will allow your student to complete a lesson when they are done with the questions you have assigned to them. You will then get the email/website reports to confirm that they finished the right problems.
- You can set the maximum number of attempts that your student will have on lessons and tests as well as how much credit they will get for correcting a problem after initially getting it wrong. You can also set a different number of attempts for multiple choice questions, which is generally recommended to avoid guessing.
- You can change what lessons show up in your students assignment list, but the student can do this themselves so this specific settings page is not necessary for you to use.